Visit our website ⇒

Meet a Hospital Hero: Joseph Hoagbin

For nearly 40 years, Dr. Joe Hoagbin has been a member of the CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs medical staff, caring for three generations of patients from southwest Iowa while advancing health care on multiple fronts.

Read full article

The Legacy of Community-Based Care

The provision of “health care” is a relatively small determinant of overall health – perhaps 10 percent, most experts agree. To truly meet the Triple Aim, hospitals and other providers must participate and lead in the other 90 percent.

Read full article

Hospital Shapes Up Sioux City Families

Jerry Hernandez, Mercy Medical Center’s KidShape liaison, explained, “The main goal is to transform lives which will make a healthy impact for the future. We don’t gauge success by weight loss, although our students do lose weight. We see success when we change habits concerning eating and physical activity.”

Read full article

IHA Awards $115,500 in Scholarships

IHA established the Health Care Careers Scholarship Program in 2004 to help address the ongoing shortage of health care professionals and encourage young Iowans to establish or continue their careers with Iowa hospitals. The first scholarships were awarded in 2005 and now more than 300 students have benefited from the program.

Read full article

Latest Health Care Headlines:

Click here to read Today's NewsStand post with article excerpts: Today’s NewsStand – June 24, 2016

The Iowa Hospital Association (IHA) is a voluntary membership organization representing hospital and health system interests to business, government, and consumer audiences. It shapes health policy, fosters new forms of health care delivery, gathers data and monitors health care payment systems.